Thank you so much for your interest in being a volunteer host for sessions for anyone in the Aware app. Please note, hosting contributions page is work in progress
Follow these steps to initiate the process:
- Request to host open sessions. In the Aware app, press the three-dot menu in the top right corner to reach the About page. Scroll down and press “Public host access”.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us more about yourself. Why you want to host open sessions, if you have any previous experience in facilitating and anything else you think might be useful for us to know.
- Join the slack community and the channel for hosting open sessions to connect and get updates on upcoming seminars and new functionalities.
- Join a couple of sessions in the app, to get to know Aware and how we host sessions.
- Create and host a couple of private sessions with people you invite to get familiar with hosting. A tip! Before you host a session with others, create a session and run it through yourself.
- Join a digital seminar (announced in the Slack hosting channel) on practicalities and tips and tricks for hosting with an Aware representative.
- If your request is approved, you’re good to go!
All the best,
Lisa, Jenny and the Aware team.
(Lisa is user experience researcher and designer, Jenny is chief psychologist.)